Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginnings in 2010

I can hardly believe that 2010 is here! Don't you think time just rolls on faster and faster, like a ball down a mountainside?



It is my goal to incorporate a bit more active exercise into my life in 2010. My lifestyle is too sedentary, and the older I become, the more I notice the need to change that! This does not mean that I'm becoming a distance runner this year! (Just FYI!) But I do need to walk on a more regular basis.

It is also my desire to create even more of a haven out of the home God has given to us. I want it to be a place of peace and rest for my family.



I liked my blogging friend Monica's list of goals for the year. Click here to read the list and see her lovely photos accompanying each goal.

More important than my physical or emotional goals, though, are the spiritual. My verse for 2010 is Luke 24:45, "Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures."

It is my prayer to become more intimate with God this year than ever before--and that, through a better understanding of the Scriptures. He IS the Word (John 1:1). I need Him to open my understanding to comprehend the Scriptures more fully, thus knowing Him more.




What are your goals for 2010? It's great to have goals and to ask the Lord to live through us this year to accomplish them. When we fail, we just need to ask God to pick us back up and put us back on track; not beat ourselves up about it. God doesn't! Do not allow your goals to discourage you; neither allow past failures to keep you from making new goals.


Let the 2010 music begin!



(Last two photos courtesy of my photographer friend Monique Tremblay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails