Thursday, November 26, 2009

Then Understood I


"When I thought to know this, it was too painful for me; Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I..." (Psa 73:16-17)


Sometimes I, like the Psalmist, do not understand why people who do not love and serve God as I do, continue to prosper--sometimes even more than I prosper! Why does it seem that they have it all together? That they have no troubles?


Asaph says when he went to the house of God, then he understood! This is so true! When I spend time with my spiritual family, my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am comforted and I see things much more clearly than before. God uses the fellowship of other believers to strengthen and encourage me.


Last night was an amazing evening at our church! The spontaneous singing and testimonies went on and on until 9:00! We didn't even have any preaching, but some of the testimonies were just as encouraging and uplifting--even convicting!


Asaph must have had the same experience in the house of God. His conclusion close to the end of his Psalm says:


"Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." (Psa 73:24-26)


His time in church made him realize once again that God was his strength and his everything! He realized that all that mattered was: he had God!


I can also experience this every day when I come into the sanctuary of His presence, reading His Word, praying, and spending time in the quiet, seeking to hear His voice in my heart.


Many times I do not understand the stuff of life. I am discouraged. I get angry. I become confused. I even question God. But when I go to the sanctuary, then understand I!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails