Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Secret Place

This song is powerful! Will you let Jesus into the secret place of your heart?



My heart is like a house.
One day I let the Saviour in.
There are many rooms
Where we would visit now and then.
But then one day He saw that door,
I knew the day had come too soon.
I said, Jesus, I'm not ready
For us to visit in that room.

'Cause that's a place in my heart
Where even I don't go.
I have some things hidden there
I don't want anyone to know.
But He handed me the key
With tears of love on his face.
He said, I want to make you clean;
Let me go in your secret place.

So I opened up the door,
And as the two of us walked in,
I was so ashamed,
As His light revealed my hidden sin.
But when I think about that room now,
I'm not afraid anymore
Because I know my hidden sin
No longer hides behind that door!

That was a place in my heart
Where even I wouldn't go.
I had some things hidden there,
I didn't want anyone to know.
But He handed me the key
With tears of love on His face,
And He made me clean!
I let Him in my secret place.

Is there a place in your heart
Where even you won't go?
Do you have some things hidden there,
You don't want anyone to know?
But He's handing you the key
With tears of love on His face,
And He wants to make you clean!
So let Him in your secret place.


sung by Michael Booth and the Booth Brothers
written by Paul Steven Chapman, Shepherd's Fold Music

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails