Monday, May 31, 2010

Sourpuss?

When I'm on Facebook, I notice so many negative, unhappy statuses! Now, I know that life throws some unpleasant things our way, and we don't feel happy-go-lucky all the time. I'm not advocating being fake.

But Proverbs says, "As a man thinketh in his heart so is he."

I think we really need to be careful of how our attitudes affect our lives and the ways they are also affecting someone else, especially our husbands, our children, and others around us!

Many women end up chasing their husbands away without realizing it is happening... just by their sour attitude. Really... who would want to live with a negative person? (I am NOT defending the men who cheat or leave their marriages!) But I do believe that there are times when wives help drive their man away, just by bringing a bitter atmosphere into their home.

This affects our children as well. Which type of lady would you rather be around? One who's cheerful, makes life an adventure? Or a sourpuss who's always complaining about something (valid or not) and considers life a drudgery?

So many moms/wives get caught up in this trap. How does this teach our children joy in Christ? They learn by example. To be truly free in Christ is to know and experience that I am complete in Christ. Are we modeling that for our children or are we modeling bondage to the enemy? Do our husbands want to come home because our home is happy? Do we create a haven that they can't wait to come home to?

Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl has really helped me with this perspective. Though I do not agree with every part of the book, in this and many other areas she is right on. This is a biblical principle we so often ignore, excusing ourselves.

We need to stop being sourpusses, put on a fresh apron, a little make-up, play some good Gospel music, put some flowers on the supper table, and greet our husbands and children with smiles when they come in the door!

Christ made us free to do that. He made all HIS power available to us! Imagine that! It's for real!

How would you live differently today if you truly believed that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails