Monday, May 31, 2010

I'm Free!

I'm free from the fear of tomorrow,

I'm free from the guilt of my past;

For I've traded my shackles for a glorious song!

I'm free--praise the Lord!--free at last!

~ William J. and Gloria Gaither

To be truly free in Christ is to know and experience that I am complete in Christ.

Isaiah 43:10-11 is a precious Scripture that makes it plain:
"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."

Do I really know? Am I experiencing God in my daily life? Do I truly understand that Christ lives in me? Do I believe it? Do I believe Him?

To remind myself, I posted this on my refrigerator this week:

"Believe Me."
~ God
(Isaiah 43:10)

Colossians 2:10 says that I am "complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 1:27 says that Christ is in me, "the hope of glory." So why do I get defensive and hold onto hurt? I am free from all that!

In Christ I have everything I need. I do not need to defend myself. I don't need to remain hurt and angry and allow it to fester into bitterness and resentment. Christ came to free me from all of that bondage! When hurt and anger put a hook in me, and I embrace them, forgetting that I am complete in Christ, I am holding out my hands to the devil and allowing him to handcuff me. Bitterness binds. Resentment restricts. Why would I do this to myself? Jesus is standing there with arms open to comfort my hurt, to give peace and grace in the area that is making me angry. He is all I need!

I no longer need to feel inferior to others. Christ made (and continues to make me) everything I need to be. I don't need others' approval. Christ is all and in all (Colossians 3:11). I am free to be who He made me to be. I do not need to fit into a mold someone else makes for me.

Is there an area that you have yielded to the enemy, allowing him to take you into bondage? Jesus has already paid for your freedom! Why are you sitting in that rotten jail? The doors are open! Come on out into freedom!

We're free! Praise the Lord! Free at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails