Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Glory, Glory Dwelleth...


O Christ, He is the fountain,
The deep, sweet well of love,

The streams on earth I've tasted,

More deep I'll drink above.

There to an ocean fullness

His mercy doth expand,

And glory, glory dwelleth

In Emmanuel’s land.


O I am my Beloved’s

And my Beloved is mine!

He brings a poor vile sinner

Into His house of wine

I stand upon His merit--

I know no other stand,

Not e’en where glory dwelleth
In Emmanuel’s land.
~Anne Cousin, "The Sands of Time Are Sinking"

It's here--not just in heaven--where glory dwells. There we will see Him face to face... and "O that will be glory for me!" But what a joy to sing and know, here and now, "It is glory just to walk with Him!"

He is all and in all (Colossians 3:11)!

And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. (Ephesians 5:2)

Do you truly know and savour this glory and fragrance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails