Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Sanctuary

"...And let them make me a sanctuary that I may dwell among them."
~ Exodus 25:8


"Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,
Hail the incarnate Deity!"
~ "Hark the Herald Angels Sing"


Do you have a special "sanctuary" in your home for God? I'm not talking about a shrine, idol, image, or crucifix. I'm talking about a special place where you and God meet every day? Where do you and God talk?


We know that we are to pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17), but the Bible also speaks many times of meeting God in a "secret place."


"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1)


"...I answered thee in the secret place of thunder..." (Psalm 81:7)


"For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock." (Psalm 27:5)


"Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues." (Psalm 31:20)


God wants to meet with you and have a personal relationship with you. Do you have a special place for Him? If not, think about where you can create one in your home. It could be a special chair or even a separate room set aside just for your "tea with God." This past summer many of my quiet times with God were spent at the picnic table in the backyard, with a view of the horses' paddock. I greatly enjoyed meeting God there and watching the sun come up over the pines! It seems that when you have a special meeting place, you're more likely to keep your appointments! At least, that's the way it works for me.




Photos of my secret place and some ideas of things to have in your secret place will follow in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails