Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

(But I WILL Bless the Lord!)

It's -8C with light snow flurries! Brrr!

Kali has built a fire in the fireplace, and I'm debating whether or not to venture to the grocery store for things I need to continue my Christmas baking! I have more things that need to be baked by Friday.

This morning, it felt delicious to Christmas shop in my bathrobe... online! I hate how late I am! But I am enjoying Christmastime!

My husband preached two great messages this past Sunday on thankfulness, blessing the Lord, and cultivating a heart of gratitude.
Notice in Psalm 34:1, David says, "I will bless the Lord..." It's a choice. Then he says, "His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
The difference between the words "continually" and "continuously" are important. "Continual" is intermittent, yet consistent or regular; "continuous" implies lack of interruption. David acknowledges that he isn't perfect. He will not continuously bless the Lord because he's human. There will be interruptions to his praise. But he will, by choice, continually bless and praise the Lord! That's what I'm seeking to do this week.

How about you? Will you make a conscious decision to bless the Lord for something specific in your life? Comment below and let me know how you are praising God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails