Monday, October 31, 2011

In the Closet

But thou, when thou prayest, 
enter into thy closet
and when thou hast shut thy door, 
pray to thy Father which is in secret... 
Matthew 6:6

Lord, I have shut the door,
Speak now the word
Which through the din and throng 
Could not be heard;
Hushed now my inner heart
Whisper Thy will
While I have come apart
While all is still.

Lord, I have shut the door,
Here do I bow;
Speak, for my soul attent
Turns to Thee now;
Rebuke Thou what is vain,
Counsel my soul,
Thy holy will reveal,
My will control.

In this blest quietness
Clamorings cease;
Here in Thy presence dwells
Infinite peace;
Yonder, the strife and cry,
Yonder, the sin;
Lord, I have shut the door,
Thou art within!

Lord, I have shut the door,
Strengthen my heart;
Yonder awaits the task
I share a part;
Only through grace bestowed
May I be true,
Here, while alone with Thee
My strength renew.

~ William Runyan



(public domain)


Have you spent time in the closet today?


photo: americanbella

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails