Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Renewing the Mind with Good Christian Books

It is so important to renew our minds with Scripture daily! Nothing can replace the Word!

But there is also a place for good Christian books that point us to Scripture. Often I am asked for a list of books that have helped me in my Christian walk, so I thought I would share that list here. I wish I had kept such a list years ago, because, naturally, I do not remember every book that has benefited me. Thus, this is a list to which I'm continually adding, as I remember them.


Note: I cannot give a blanket endorsement to these authors and books. As with anything, one must "eat the meat and throw out the bones."



Book/Author
A Song for All Seasons/ Wilma Sullivan
Abandoned to God (biography of Oswald Chambers)
Abide in Christ/ Andrew Murray
Be Transformed/ Scope Ministries *
Breaking Free Bible study/ Beth Moore*
Climbing/ Rosalind Goforth
Created to Be His Helpmeet/ Debi Pearl
Dorie: The Girl Nobody Loved/ Doris van Stone
Experiencing God daily devotional/ Henry Blackaby *
Hinds’ Feet on High Places/Hannah Hurnard
How I Know God Answers Prayer/ Rosalind Goforth
Humility/ Andrew Murray
Knowing God/ An Unknown Christian
Lifetime Guarantee/ Bill Gillham *
Living Free Bible study/ Beth Moore *
Love & Respect/ Emerson Eggerichs
My Utmost for His Highest/ Oswald Chambers
Reclaiming Surrendered Ground/ Jim Logan
Search for Significance/ Robert McGee *
So Long, Insecurity: You’ve Been a Bad Friend to Us/ Beth Moore *
Streams in the Desert/ Mrs. Charles E. Cowman
The Christian’s Secret of a Happy Life/Hannah Whitall Smith
The God of All Comfort/ Hannah Whitall Smith
The Hiding Place/ Corrie ten Boom
The Silent Years of Corrie ten Boom/ Pamela Rosewell *
Whispers of His Power/ Amy Carmichael


Missionary biographies, Holocaust stories
Keswick Convention talks

*Does not use the KJV

Writers
Andrew Murray
Corrie ten Boom
Darlene Deibler Rose
F.B. Meyer
Elisabeth Elliot
Rosalind Goforth
Ruth Paxson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails