Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Does Anyone See or Care?

Hagar, Genesis chapters 16 and 21

There have been times I felt that no one, not even God, really saw or noticed all the work I was doing day after day with a toddler at home. I felt isolated... Hubby at work all day and then studying for sermons on the weekend.

But God really encouraged me with Hagar in Genesis 16... Remember Hagar? She felt like no one knew or appreciated her, but she had an encounter with God so real that she exclaimed that now she knew that "Thou God seest me"!

The neatest part? GOD pursued HER. When she gave up, at the lowest of her lows, HE reached out to HER! But it was her choice to respond to Him.

God gave me this passage of Scripture in direct answer to my cries to Him, "Do YOU even SEE me? Do YOU even SEE all I am doing here?" Of course, I knew in my HEAD that He did, but I FELT alone.

I don't know if you're discouraged, or what your life situation is, but the next time you feel down, I hope you'll be encouraged and lifted up with the thought that God SEES you...with LOVE and CARE! His Word is there to sustain and comfort you. He's reaching out. He's waiting for you to respond to Him.

Is your burden heavy as you bear it all alone?
Does the road you travel harbour danger yet unknown?
Are you growing weary through the struggle of it all?
Jesus will help you, when on His name you call!

Is the life you're living filled with sorrow and despair?
Does the future press you with its worry and its care?
Are you tired and friendless? Have you almost lost your way?
Jesus will help you; just come to Him today!

He is always there, hearing ev'ry prayer, faithful and true!
Walking by our side, in His love we hide all the day through!
When you get discouraged, just remember what to do--
Reach out to Jesus; He's reaching out to you!

~ Ralph Carmichael


No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails