Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Building Personal Trust in My Father

TRUST: 1. Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety of a person or thing; confidence.

Trust is something that is earned, right? The more we know someone, the more (or less) we trust him/her.

So what about God? Do I really trust Him?

Photo: OpenResources.org

How well do I know Him?

His Word has proven true. He has never failed me. When it seems that He has let me down, I later come to understand that He had a purpose. Which is what He told me in the first place.

And we know that all things (not just some things) work together (multiple "bad" things together) for good (even when I can't see any good) to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose (His perfect plan) ~ Romans 8:28.

Did you notice my emphasis on "the called"? I am the called one, according to His purpose and plan. There is no one else who can fulfill that plan in the same way. And what is His purpose?

Verse 29: "...to be conformed to the image of His Son."

Did Jesus suffer? Did He not "learn obedience" by the things He suffered (Hebrews 5:8)?

Wasn't Jesus reviled... mocked... verbally abused (I Peter 2:21-23)?

How did He respond? "Committed Himself unto Him that judgeth righteously" (God, His Father)!

I can trust Jesus--He has already endured everything I go through in this life (Hebrews 12:2-3). Yet He never sinned (Hebrews 4:15). I can trust Him to understand my overwhelming feelings. I can trust that He knows how much I can bear. I can also trust that He is my advocate with the Father (I John 2:1).

I can trust God my Father--He has a reason and purpose to everything (Romans 8:28-29), and He makes everything beautiful in His time, not mine (Ecclesiastes 3). He loves me with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3)! Underneath me are His everlasting arms (Deuteronomy 33:27)! He rejoices over me with singing (Zephaniah 3:17)!

God picked up a sparrow 
That could no longer fly 
He brushed off its wounds 
And then watched it soar into the sky 
If He's mindful of creation,
On this I can depend: 
I am His child 
And I can place all my trust in Him! 


I can trust Jesus, 
I can trust Jesus-- 
He never once has failed 
To meet my needs; 
He is my strong tower, 
The strength in my weakest hour-- 
I can trust Jesus, 
He takes care of me! 

I have prayed some prayers, 
And felt they never were heard, 
But I held to God's hand, 
And kept right on trusting in His word; 
My wants and God's desires 
Don't always agree, 
But I lean on His will 
For He always knows what's best for me.

I can trust Jesus, 
I can trust Jesus-- 
He never once has failed 
To meet my needs; 
He is my strong tower, 
The strength in my weakest hour-- 
I can trust Jesus, 
He takes care of me! 

~ Gerald Crabb




No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails