Wednesday, November 10, 2010

God Says, I Remember...

Last night, I lay in bed, praying. I started telling God that I had such a longing in my soul. I was feeling emotionally needy, and my husband was, well, "unavailable." My Peter was asleep!

As I was pouring out my heart to God (Psalm 62:8), I used the words, "God, I just have such a deep longing in my soul..."

He almost immediately brought this verse to my mind:

For He satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness. ~ Psalm 107:9


Wow. That was all I needed. God doesn't just promise to meet my physical needs, but my emotional ones too--and being a woman, I have a LOT of emotional longings! I feel very deeply--God made me this way. But there are times my husband just needs to sleep! Ha ha!

This is not the end of my story... This morning, I opened my one-year Bible to today's reading. Yes, you probably guessed it: there was Psalm 107:9 looking back up at me! It seemed God was saying, "See? I remember. I'm here to fulfill your longings." God is such an amazing Best Friend! Who could have orchestrated that, but God?!


Photos: One-year Bible blog and King David blog

2 comments:

  1. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an encouraging post. I often need to remind myself of WHO fills and satisfies.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails