Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Surprise By the Barn Door


The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun... ~Psalm 19:1-4

I just love it when God sends little surprises my way--little pleasures to enjoy in His world!

Recently I discovered this solitary columbine growing by the barn door. According to the advice of my green thumbed friend (who gave me the rose to enjoy from her garden!), I was going to wait until it finished flowering and then transplant it to a flower bed. (Unfortunately I didn't tell my husband my plans... He wacked it with the weed eater! But the root is still there, so when it springs back up, I will transplant it right away!)





I so enjoy all the perennial flowers in my yard and garden (most planted by a previous homeowner), but this year, I have especially enjoyed the clematis! It was merely a string last year with no blooms. Look at it this year!




























Here’s what I enjoyed during my tea time with God on a recent morning. I love our times together. He’s the best friend ever!

What have you discovered lately in your world that God has given you richly to enjoy? Have you taken notice? Have you thanked Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails