Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Kitties Make Me Happy




I have a calico cat named Espresso. She is pictured here with my 12-year-old son Anthony. I call her my Caramel Espresso because her markings look like someone dropped caramel onto her dark chocolate body! My daughter Chrystal and I love to watch the kitties' antics on the back deck. We spent a lot of time this summer watching and playing with them. Chrystal's cat is an orange cat she named Taffy.


They are outdoor cats, and it just pulls at my heart when I see both of their faces in the little square window next to my front door. They look in as if to say, "Pleeeeease, pretty pleeeeease, let us in!" Of course they have a kitty garage, with a little dog house inside which has lots of straw to keep them warm, and they are used to the outdoors and the cold, even in Canada.


I can't help but wonder if I feel a teeny bit of how God feels when I come to Him in prayer with a request. He just loves it that I come talk to Him--that I bring Him my requests. How do I know? Scripture tells me so. Philippians 4:5-6 says, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Psalm 37:4 says, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."


God delights in the fact that I delight in Him! I get a little taste of the joy that I bring to Him, in the joy that I feel when my kitties seek my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails