Tuesday, January 7, 2020

What Is THAT?!

And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat. Exodus 16:15

They didn't know what it was that God had given them. The word "manna" means "what is it?" 

Moses said, "THIS IS the bread GOD gave you."

I want to fully embrace the life God gave me, even when I don't understand what it is or why He gave it to me!


Many days, I don't want to embrace it, and I don't. For some reason, I would rather hew out cisterns of my own rather than drink from the Living Water*. And I'm not a good cistern-maker! Why would I sabotage the life that God gave me?

It's my desire to yield to the God Who loves me and understands me more than anyone. I want to live HIS plan. I want to let Him write my story and stop trying to steal the pen! My best life is HIS life--HIS way!


___
*For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisternsbroken cisterns, that can hold no water. Jeremiah 2:13

Photo credit: Show Me Oz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments and personal emails regarding this blog. It is a blessing to me to hear if something with which God has blessed me also blesses you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails